The English Language Center at Tunghai University invites applications for full-time faculty position, at the rank of Assistant Professor. The appointment will be in effect on August 1, 2018.
- Ph.D. in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, English Literature, or a related field;
- Ability to use English as the sole medium of instruction;
- Extensive experience in ESL/EFL teaching and administrative tasks preferred;
- Experience in organizing and implementing language-learning activities;
- Dedication, collaboration, and effective communicative skills to achieve efficiency in team work
- Teach Freshman/Sophomore English and elective English courses;
- Teach at least 9 hours per week (Research-Track) or at least 12 hours per week (Teaching-Track);
- Complete assigned administrative tasks and English-learning activities; and
- Coordinate within and between committees
- Personal Information Form (Print the attached Word document and send it to email@example.com) ;
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, including service, list of research, field(s) of research, and future research plans in English and Chinese (English only for foreigners);
- Photocopies of Ph.D. diploma and transcript (Foreign diplomas must be certified). If you haven’t received the Ph.D. diploma yet, please provide official documentation of passing the dissertation oral defense;
- One representative work/paper;
- List of taught courses and a sample of syllabus;
- Photocopies of Assistant Professor Certificate (or above) issued by Taiwan Ministry of Education (M.O.E.) or other relevant documents (if applicable), and
- Two letters of recommendation (sealed or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by recommenders)
Mailing address and Deadline:
All application materials MUST be mailed to:
Personnel Office, Tunghai University, 1727, Section 4, Taiwan Boulevard, Taichung, Taiwan 40704, R.O.C. and be postmarked no later than January 26, 2018.
Please write “Application for English Language Center Full-time Faculty” on the envelope.
- Print out all the materials in A4 size and staple in the upper left corner. No plastic binding or spiral binding.
- A notice will be sent to shortlisted applicants for next reviews. Please provide the e-mail address and phone numbers at which you can be reached.
- If the information is incomplete, your application will not be accepted. Besides, submitted materials will not be returned to you. Please keep your original draft.
For further information, please contact Ms. Jenny Tseng via e-mail or by phone during office hours:
Office hours: 08:00-12:00 & 13:30-17:00 (Mon. – Fri.)
Tel: +886-4-23590121 Ext. 31900